Sunday, June 22, 2008

Common Title Defects


The real estate industry may be slow in Lakeland Florida, but that is no reason not to be prepared if you receive an offer. I was looking thru my computer – cleaning out old stuff! LOL there is a bunch of it! I came across a listing of items which may cause a closing to be postponed or cancelled. With the few offers sellers are receiving these days, I think it is important for the sellers to be aware of circumstances regarding their property.

You need to go online and check out your property – Today! This will help to prepare you for the sale. Some items you may not find, but others may stand out to you! It is worth the time to investigate now!


Common title defects and overlooked encumbrances:

Typographical errors on Deed

Missing information on Deed

Satisfactions of Mortgage not recorded

Release of Liens not recorded

Documents recorded in error which include your legal address

Judgments or liens you are not aware have been filed


Good Luck with your sale!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where online would I go to check out my property?

Mish said...

I have a link to the Polk County Public records on the blog. Go there and then go to Official Records. Type in your name and you should get a listing of the public records. You will find any mortgages or liens attached to your name. For every lien there should be a satisfaction if it was paid off. Your deed should also be on there. Look it over carefully.

Let me know if you get lost I'll try to be more specific

Blogged.com Blog Directory