Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lakeland Florida Economy?

Gosh I went out of town for a few days and when I returned things were already changing in Lakeland! Not for the good.

I returned to Lakeland via South Florida Avenue. As we were going down the road, I saw that Sonic did close, which I had heard prior. Then I passed Bennigans at 5 pm on a Friday nite and it was closed! I soon found out they and Steak n Ale closed while I was gone. Then a few people have mentioned a number of other chain resturants are closing in the area too! Not a good sign.

It seems everyone I speak with is having troubles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are many reasons for their closing. May be tourist and local community peoples have lost their interest in their products and they are shutting down.
One big reason may be guest like peoples investigating about property. the interest have been reduced in real estate due to foreclosure and down in property prices.

Blogged.com Blog Directory