Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring Cleaning in Lakeland Florida

I started my spring cleaning in February! Well, since I live in sunny Lakeland, Florida, why not? The only problem is it is now March and I am still trying to clear my house of unwanted or unnecessary items, along with trying to deep clean. Guess I am not as motivated as I should be.

I decided to move all the items that we have not used recently or have outgrown, into my garage! Now I can’t fit the cars in there. I need to decide which items in the garage, I need to keep and which to try and sell. Unfortunately, I am afraid to walk into my garage for fear of getting lost or hurt.

I think I have a solution to my problem. I am going to go out my front door and walk around to my garage, it’s safer that way, trust me. I will take the first item that I can safely reach that needs to be sold, and place it in the trunk of my car. I live in a subdivision that does not allow garage sales, so that makes selling the items more difficult. Then, I am going to place as many items in my trunk that I want to sell and head to Highlands Storage. I am going to rent a storage unit for the items, until I can place the items on one of those auction sites or classified ad sites online.

Luckily, Highlands Storage is only a couple minutes from my house. Once I move all the items I am going to sell, I will be able to go thru the other items and see what to donate, keep in the attic (if heat won’t damage them), or rent another air conditioned unit at Highlands Storage for items I want to keep, but don’t actually have to be at my house. Like the holiday decorations that we use once a year. I can access my storage unit 24/7, so if I really need something, it’s a couple minutes away.

Wish me luck, after I post this I am planning on walking out my front door.

1 comment:

WendyTheWanderer said...

I used to own a farm and homestead. It was a little bit sad to sell it all, but very freeing!

For the last two years everything I owned was in the 19 ft RV that I lived in. Now I got back some of my stuff and live in an apartment.

It's amazing how STUFF can bog you down. Storage units are pricey. I have been giving away everything I really don't need on Lakeland FL ReUseIt-Network. Have you tried that? Folks come right away and pick up whatever you offer :-)

Blogged.com Blog Directory