Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Organizing my Storage Unit in Lakeland Florida

My storage unit at http://www.highlandsstorage.com/ is starting to get filled with items I need to sell! I have decided that I need to organize my unit as if it were a store; not really a store so to speak, more like a warehouse. Years ago I managed a national mail order company with a large warehouse. When items are organized it is easier to process the orders. Therefore, I believe I should organize the unit to be able to sell my items more efficiently.

I am going to purchase a number of shelving units to place in my storage unit. My items can then be sorted into certain categories for ease in finding. A work table can then be placed along one side with the boxes and paperwork I will need to ship the items. I will make my storage unit at http://www.highlandsstorage.com/ into a mini mail order warehouse! Wow, sometimes I even amaze myself. I know there are probably a million people out there who have already done this, but it’s a new idea for me.

This way all the items are out of my house! I can set up a spot on my work table to take the pictures I need, keep my packing supplies, and room to process the order. This way the only thing I need in my house for this business venture, is my computer! I am so excited about the possibilities.

No comments:

Blogged.com Blog Directory